Your specialist for technical translations
Hans-Albrecht Hartmann, Diplomsprachmittler (University of Leipzig), publicly appointed and sworn translator and interpreter for the Russian and English languages
Your technical translations are always in the best of hands.
After four years of study at the Faculty of Theoretical and Applied Language Studies (TAS) of the Karl Marx University of Leipzig, completed with a degree in Russian and English in 1985, I worked as a technical translator and interpreter in the export department of the nationally owned enterprise VEB NUMERIK “Karl Marx” for five years. VEB NUMERIK was the sole manufacturer of control technology in the former GDR.
My primary tasks included translations of product brochures and technical documentation for the aforementioned products, as well as quotations and other correspondence for the commercial department. As an interpreter, I assisted price negotiations and accompanied delegations on visits to the machine tool manufacturers with whom VEB NUMERIK cooperated in other parts of the former Soviet Union. Later, I was also asked to interpret at conferences of the Mechanical Engineering Commission No. 8 of the Council for Mutual Economic Assistance (Comecon), of which VEB NUMERIK was a member. Thanks to such opportunities already in the early years of my career, I was able to supplement my initially purely linguistic university training with ever deeper insights into industrial processes, wherein my longstanding interest in technical matters was no doubt especially useful.
All this laid the foundation for my work as a technical translator and interpreter specialising in automation systems, electrical engineering and electronics.
One significant aspect of my career, whether as an employed translator or in the meantime as a freelancer, has been my work as a technical interpreter at what is today the Information and Training Centre of SIEMENS AG in Chemnitz, as well as at the similar SIEMENS training centres in Nürnberg-Moorenbrunn and Erlangen. My task there is to interpret between the instructors and participants during theoretical and practical training seminars offered to service technicians and engineers on system maintenance, operation, programming and a range of specialist topics (HMI, SIMOTION, SIMODRIVE, SIMOVERT).
- Born in Schmalkalden
Childhood spent in Schwerin
- 09/1967 - 07/1969
- Primary school in Schwerin
- Transfer to a class with extended Russian lessons
- Transfer to extended secondary school (EOS)
- Abitur (final school examinations)
- 1979 - 1980
- National service
- 10/1980 - 08/1981
- Work as electrical fitter at VEB Robotron, Radeberg
- 09/1981 - 08/1985
- University studies in Russian and English at the Faculty of Theoretical and Applied Language Studies (TAS) of the Karl Marx University of Leipzig
- Studies completed with the degree of Diplom-Sprachmittler for Russian and English Diplom certificate
- First job as technical translator and interpreter in the export department of VEB NUMERIK “Karl Marx” in Karl-Marx-Stadt (today Chemnitz)
- 07/1990 - 02/1992
- Technical translator in the sales support department for Eastern Europe at Siemens GmbH Chemnitz, a newly founded subsidiary of SIEMENS AG
- Commencement of work as a freelance translator and interpreter, initially operating from a home office
- Founding of a translation office at Otto-Schmerbach-Str. 19, 09117 Chemnitz
- Move to larger offices at Strasse der Nationen 99 - 101, 09113 Chemnitz; employment of an office management assistant from 10/1997
- Move to the Industry and Technology Centre (ITC), Otto-Schmerbach-Str. 19, 09117 Chemnitz
- Since 01/2017
- Location of my office in the A4 Industry Centre at Bornaer Str,. 205, 09117 Chemnitz